Home > About-us

About us

Our hotel in the Rhine-Main area

With the motto “Not at home and yet at home” we are always anxious to make the stay in the Hotel zum Löwen as pleasant as possible for the frequent traveling business customer with everything that is needed as well as to provide the conference guest with professional equipment and to optimize the work processes so that every event becomes a success.

Haben Sie Interesse

Kontaktieren Sie


Historical Chronicle of the Hotel zum Löwen Foundation first as restaurant zum Löwen

  • 01.01.1843 founded by Jacob Zwilling
  • 1873 modernized and guest rooms installed
  • 1877 Singing club Sängerlust founded in the hotel
  • 1883 taken over by Wilhelm Jourdan as an inheritance of his wife
  • 1896 the sports club TGS Walldorf founded in the hotel
  • Shortly afterwards the hall was built around 1900.
  • 1919 Takeover of the hotel by the son Hermann Jourdan
  • In the 20. and 30 iger years musical performances in the big hall
  • 1948 fourth Löwenwirt Jacob Steckenreiter takes over the business
  • In the first post-war years many events in the big and small hall
  • 1952 Central heating installed
  • 1956 Cinema performances in the large hall
  • 27.10.1962 Ceremony of the city foundation Walldorf in the big hall
  • 1973 fifth generation with Günter Steckenreiter took over the hotel
  • 1983 Construction of the guest house in the Bahnstraße
  • 1992 Demolition of the Great Hall in which the Löwenlichtspiel cinema was located for almost 36 years.
  • 1993 Inauguration of the new hotel building in the Langstraße formerly Saalbaugrundstück (hall building plot)
  • 1998 Jörg Steckenreiter appointed Managing Director
  • 2007 for modernization: Demolition and reconstruction of the parent building
  • 2014 Handover to the 6th generation of the hotel with Jörg Steckenreiter
  • 2019 Dehoga honours the 175th anniversary of the Hotel zum Löwen in 2019


360º Tour